Andrew A. Ferrer is a partner in the firm’s Health Law and Corporate practice groups, where he focuses his practice on general corporate law, health law, and transactional matters. Andrew regularly advises corporations, hospitals, clinics, physician groups, satellite emergency facilities, nursing homes, home health agencies, and ambulatory surgery centers in a variety of areas, including day-to-day business operations and strategy, regulatory compliance, policies and procedures, licensing, data security and health care privacy, patient rights, acquisitions and dissolutions, and medical staff credentialing and peer review.
Andrew also has experience in representing corporations and healthcare entities and providers in negotiating a wide variety of contracts for goods and services, including consulting, pharmaceutical/clinical trial research, electronic health records, joint-ventures, executive positions and staffing, affiliations, marketing, medical care, and education.
Associate, Daly Cavanaugh, LLP, Wellesley, MA
Associate, Kopelman and Paige, P.C., Boston, MA
Law Clerk to the Justices, Superior Court of Massachusetts, Boston, MA
Legal Assistant, Stone & Webster Engineering Corporation, Stoughton, MA
Boston College Law School, J.D., 2006
Managing Editor, Boston College Environmental Affairs Law Review
Published in Excuses, Excuses: The Application of Statutes of Repose to Environmentally Related Injuries, 33 B.C. ENVTL. AFF. L. REV. 345 (2006)
Williams College, B.A., cum laude, Political Science and Economics, 2003
Court / bar admissions
U.S. District Court for the District of Massachusetts
Contract negotiations; Corporate formation; Joint ventures, Affiliations, Other business arrangements; Corporate governance; Clinical trials & research contracting; Medical peer review; Mergers & acquisitions; Patient care issues; Regulatory compliance; Tax exempt issues; Licensing; Litigation
Business; Education; Hospitals; Physicians; Providers; Privately Held Corporations; Nonprofit Organizations; Scientists; Healthcare Technology
American Bar Association
Boston Bar Association
Massachusetts Bar Association
American Health Lawyers Association
Off the record...
Andrew is a classical music enthusiast and also enjoys studying world history and debating politics, cooking, playing golf, and spending time with family and friends.
- Regularly counsels clients and negotiates agreements in general corporate, business, and health care matters
- Protects hospital and physician group clients in responding to medical record requests and civil process, and related patient and information privacy matters
- Obtained licensure for health care entities, including an Ivy League university, in constructing or renovating emergency departments, medical-surgical units, imaging units, and urgent care, pharmacy, cardiology, sleep center, neurology, dialysis, and behavioral health units
- Successfully negotiated and licensed joint ventures between hospitals and imaging providers in PET-CT services
- Negotiated clinical research contracts with domestic and international pharmaceutical corporations for Boston area hospitals
- Defended and settled third-party challenge to legacy donor’s multi-million dollar charitable bequest and gift annuities to hospital client and other major Boston area charities
- Secured approval from Supreme Judicial Court and Attorney General for distribution of charitable funds to health care and civic charities prior to hospital dissolution
- Developed patient rights and corporate compliance policies implemented by hospital clients
- Secured tax-exempt status for non-profit healthcare civic organizations
- Obtained favorable arbitration decisions for long-term care corporation in worker’s union disputes over employee discipline
- Obtained judgment for plaintiff ambulance company owner in federal civil litigation for breach of contract
Clearing the path for a state-of-the-art hospital in Charlestown
“They know our industry and speak our language.”
–Assisted living provider
Giving back to our community
“We count on them for strategic advice beyond our legal needs.”
–VP, assisted living
Governor Baker Signs Legislation Designed To Address…
This website presents general information about Summit Health Law Partners and is not intended as legal advice nor should you consider it as such. You should not act upon this information without seeking professional counsel.
Please note that contacting Summit Health Law Partners by email, telephone or facsimile will not establish an attorney-client relationship, obligate us to act as your attorney or impose an obligation on either the law firm or the receiving lawyer to keep the transmitted information confidential. Completion of Summit Health Law Partners' new client intake protocol, including without limitation the firm’s conflicts checking process and an engagement letter, is necessary to establish an attorney-client relationship. Absent a current attorney-client relationship with Summit Health Law Partners, any information or documents communicated or transmitted by you to Summit Health Law Partners will not be treated as confidential, secret or protected in any way. If you are not a current client of Summit Health Law Partners, please do not send any confidential information to us through this website or otherwise concerning any potential or actual legal matter you have. Before providing any confidential information to us, you must obtain permission to do so from one of the firm’s lawyers. By clicking "Accept," you acknowledge that we have no obligation to maintain the confidentiality of any information you submit to us unless we already represent you or unless we have agreed to receive limited confidential material/information from you as a prospective client.
If you would like to discuss becoming a client, please contact one of our attorneys to arrange for a meeting or telephone conference. If you wish to disclose confidential information to a lawyer in the firm before an attorney-client relationship is established, the protections that the law firm will provide to such information from a prospective client should be discussed with the firm attorney before such information is submitted. Thank you for your interest in Summit Health Law Partners.